National Student Governor Hub
Welcome to the National Student Governor Hub! This is the online home of our Student Governor E-course, our Student Governor resource bank, live workshops and more. Watch the short video to introduce you to the purpose of this online hub.
Student Governor Induction E-Course
The student governor induction e-course is an interactive experience designed to help you get to grips with your new role. The e-course includes short videos, quizzes and other interactive activities designed by current and past student governors. The e-course has 6 lessons, each taking approximately an hour to complete, covering a range of topics including Leadership Skills, Leading in Your Community, Nolan Principles and Governors meetings.
Every 2-3 months, we host a live workshop on a range of topics to help you with your role as Student Governor.
- Tuesday 1st June 2021 @ 4pm: Your future leadership agenda – Delivering leadership that inspires and gets the best out of the people you are privileged to lead. READ AGENDA / REGISTER TO ATTEND
- Tuesday 1st December 2020 @ 10am: Student Governors: Making an impact. READ AGENDA
- Monday 1st February 2021 @ 3.30pm – 4.30pm: Developing Your Leadership and Governance Skills Further. READ AGENDA
- Monday 8th + Tuesday 9th February 2021: The AoC Annual Conference. READ AGENDA
- Monday March 29th 2021 @ 10am or 5pm: Climate Change – how are our colleges meeting the challenge? (including an update on the Climate Change Roadmap). READ AGENDA
Our resource bank is a constantly evolving hub of helpful resources for Student Governors, Clerks and Principals. These are freely available for you to use and we hope you will find them useful.
Festival Of Student Governance - Watch Recorded Sessions
Our Festival of Student Governance on 3rd November 2020 brought together 60 representatives from colleges across the country. We know that some student governors couldn’t make it though; so we’ve arranged for recordings from the event to be edited into bite-size chunks for you to be able to watch back.
Alumni Catch-Up Events
Every 6 months, we host a catch-up session for all previous participants of the Student Governor Programme (alumni). These events help us to continue to develop our student governor community and are part of our continued investment in the leadership potential of this group.
- Date 1 – TBC
- Date 2 – TBC
Access Occumi For Free!
Josh Clarke is a young leader that spoke to Student Governors at our ‘Developing your governance skills further’ event on 1st February 2021. Josh kindly offered all Student Governors free access to his online skills-profiling tool called Occumi, in return for your honest feedback!
Occumi is a platform that can help you to identify, understand, and articulate the transferable skills that you have developed from their educational qualifications and work experience.
Sign up using the link above, but when signing up – enter your name with the prefix “@Student.Governor” in the Institution email address. (for example: JaneDoe@Student.Governor).
Once you have used Occumi, please complete the very short survey on the below link: https://w5xfk9lnc2x.typeform.