National Student Governor Hub
Book Now: Book your place on our next online session (An opportunity for you to share your experience as a student governor this year and to look ahead to the future) taking place on the Thursday 23rd June between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm
Welcome to the National Student Governor Hub! This is the online home of our Student Governor E-course, our Student Governor resource bank, live workshops and more. Watch the short video to introduce you to the purpose of this online hub.
NEW: Resources For Recruiting & Supporting Student Governors
Being A Student Governor’ Information Booklet
Short introductory guide to student governance suitable for student governors themselves, governance professionals and the whole board.
Become A Student Governor Recruitment Video
A short 2-minute video to raise the profile of student governors and support governance professionals with their efforts to recruit new student governors.
Student Governor Induction E-Course
The student governor induction e-course is an interactive experience designed to help you get to grips with your new role. The e-course includes short videos, quizzes and other interactive activities designed by current and past student governors. The e-course has 6 lessons, each taking approximately an hour to complete, covering a range of topics including Leadership Skills, Leading in Your Community, Nolan Principles and Governors meetings.
UPCOMING NATIONAL STUDENT GOVERNOR TRAINING PROGRAMME EVENTS
- Tuesday 26th April 2022 @ 4-6pm: Online Workshop – Supporting Students on Mental Health & Wellbeing. BOOK NOW.
- Tuesday 7th June 2022 @ 4-6pm: Online Workshop – Topic TBC. BOOK NOW.
- July 2022: Celebration event and alumni launch.
- 15th-16th November 2021: Festival of Student Governance 2021 at the ICC Birmingham.
- Wednesday 24th November 2021 @ 5-6pm: Where are you now? Your next steps in leadership with guest speaker Anna Harris (Alumni AND current Student Governors invited).
- Wednesday 15th December 2021 @ 4-5.30pm: Online Session – Being A Young Leader: Challenges and Opportunities.
- Tuesday 15th February 2022 @ 4-6pm: Practical Online Workshop – Effective governance – an inclusive approach. ACCESS SLIDES / SESSION NOTES.
Our resource bank is a constantly evolving hub of helpful resources for Student Governors, Clerks and Principals. These are freely available for you to use and we hope you will find them useful.
Festival Of Student Governance 2021 (In Person)
Watch Recap Video
Festival Of Student Governance 2020 (Online)
Watch Recorded Sessions
Access Occumi For Free
Josh Clarke is a young leader that spoke to Student Governors at our ‘Developing your governance skills further’ event on 1st February 2021. Josh kindly offered all Student Governors free access to his online skills-profiling tool called Occumi, in return for your honest feedback!
Occumi is a platform that can help you to identify, understand, and articulate the transferable skills that you have developed from their educational qualifications and work experience.
Sign up using the link above, but when signing up – enter your name with the prefix “@Student.Governor” in the Institution email address. (for example: JaneDoe@Student.Governor).
Once you have used Occumi, please complete the very short survey on the below link: https://w5xfk9lnc2x.typeform.