I Am: Programme
i am: programme
Aged between 14 – 20 and living in London? We are launching an exciting and completely free opportunity which you don’t want to miss!
*Aged 14 by 1st February 2023
For more information or for any queries, please contact Zui at: [email protected]
Running over 6 dates from February 2023 – March 2023, the programme starts with an immersive and fun activity day; you will meet like-minded individuals to begin exploring and designing a campaign to address a current issue within your societal context. Celebrating all our differences, you can address anything from racial injustice, LGBTQIA+ rights to mental health & wellbeing. However you wish to enact change, this programme will give you the opportunity to do so!
How will the days work?
Day 1: Understanding Power
- To start our programme we are holding an activity day in London.
- Get to know your team mates by taking part in activities. Forget about the stress of school/college/uni, meet new friends and have a laugh!
- Start to understand ‘Equity, Diversity and Inclusion’ and how the rest of the programme will look.
Day 2: Influencing Power
- This weekend will be based in our Changemaker Studio spaces in London (Maida Vale) and this weekend you will start to plan your projects in your project teams. Travel cost is sorted so you don’t need to worry!
- We will start to understand how influential figures have shaped the EDI agenda and explore areas you want to understand further.
Day 3 & 4: Building Power
- This weekend will see your team build a campaign you wished to work on to support your cause.
- You will be planning and confirming logistics, partners and how your project is going to work.
- You’ll be joined by inspiring speakers from experts in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Day 5 & 6: Creating Change
- This weekend will see you deliver your project and make a difference in your community!
- There will also be the chance to discuss future opportunities and pursuing the EDI agenda in your community.
You’ll be gaining a lot! Including:
- A FREE project branded hoodie
- Skills for life such as Communication, Project Planning, Leadership, Team Work, Time management, campaign planning – all suitable skills for university applications or job applications
- Project planning practice and experience
- A certificate of achievement to add to your portfolio
- All the food, travel and refreshments for each weekend included
Please make sure you check you can attend all dates before joining! Spaces are limited so be sure to register your interest to secure your space. Location for the events will be held at Unloc’s Changemaker Studio space in the City of Westminster College, Maida Vale.
What are the dates?
Day 1: 18th February 2023 & Day 2: 19th February 2023
Day 3: 4th March 2023 & Day 4: 5th March 2023
Day 5: 18th March 2023 & Day 6: 25th March 2023
How do I sign up?
We only have a limited number of places available and they are filling up fast, so click the link to take you to our short and simple application form to secure your place. The deadline to apply is Friday 10th February, but early application is recommended to secure your space!