Applications are open from Wednesday 8 December – Friday 31 December 2021
Who can apply
We welcome applications from young people from all parts of the U.K., and from all backgrounds. We want the U.K.’s delegates to the Y7, Y20 and COP to be representative of the full diversity of U.K. youth.
The only eligibility criteria you must satisfy are:
- You must be aged 18 – 30 by 31 December 2021;
- You must be a U.K. citizen OR have lived in the United Kingdom for 5 years; and
- You must be able to fully commit to the full term and time commitment of the Opportunity.
We gather diversity data for equality monitoring purposes only – we DO NOT use it to determine the outcome of your application. Your diversity data will be treated in the strictest confidence, in accordance with our Privacy Notice, and will not affect the outcome of your application in any way.
What we are looking for
Please carefully read through the Opportunity Descriptions to understand what being a delegate involves:
- Y7 Delegate Opportunity Description
- Y20 Delegate Opportunity Description
- COP Delegate Opportunity Description
We will be assessing you against the Essential Criteria as set out in the Opportunity Description. For each question, we have indicated the Essential Criteria we are looking for evidence of, so please read the questions carefully. Simply listing your CV or achievements WILL NOT result in success – we want you to properly answer our questions!
Throughout this application, you should feel free to bring evidence from all parts of your life – personal, professional, voluntary etc. There is no ‘right answer’ – all we’re looking for is evidence against each of the Essential Criteria , which can come from any sector or any experience you have had.
You are encouraged to to adopt the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format to give specific examples when you have demonstrated the Essential Criteria. Remember to be specific about what actions you took, and the impact you had.
The selection process
All delegates will be selected by 31 January 2022, so the process will be quite quick! Please pay close attention to the following timeline:
- Written applications must be submitted by 23:59 GMT on 31 December 2021. Applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed in week commencing 10 January, and invited to attend the first round of interviews on 15 – 16 January 2022.
- Finalists will be invited to a final round of interviews on 22 – 23 January 2022.
At present we expect to offer interviews both in-person and virtually. You must be able to attend interviews (physically or virtually) on both weekends – we cannot offer alternative time slots, except for in exceptional circumstances.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments and a member of the team would be delighted to speak with you to discuss more details. If you have any questions about the process please contact email@example.com.