How to use local knowledge to find takeaway restaurants
An often overlooked method of finding out which takeaway restaurants are local to you is to use local knowledge such as walking around your local area, asking family, friends and neighbours who live locally and using the yellow pages.
There are pros and cons to using this traditional method to find local takeaway restaurants which we will explore in this topic.
Pros & Cons of Using Local Knowledge
- Get a nice walk and build up an appetite
- Get to know your neighbours
- Get real insight into other peoples experiences with local takeaways
- You have to talk to people and leave your house
- People can be very passionate about food so may not stop talking to you for ages
- Local knowledge might miss out key bits of information and/or be biased