Welcome to this course on making a difference in your school or college!
This course is designed to prepare you with the knowledge you need to be able to maximise your skills to make the biggest difference possible.
There is no set recipe for making a difference, and you won’t always be able to have the impact you want. But, if this course is there to help you develop all the skills you need to maximise the chance of you making the impact you want.
This course is broken down into 5 main sections.
- The first section looks at making a difference as a concept. It answers questions like, what does it actually mean to make a difference?
- The second section explore why it is worth making a difference, and why knowing why you do something can be super powerful.
- In the third section we will focus on the the importance of preparation and what that might involve. The key motto for this section is “fail to prepare, prepare to fail”.
- In the forth section we will begin five lesson on the theme of Action. When the rubber hits the road, what are the most important things to remember.
- In the fifth and final section, we will have a brief look at the value of reflecting on what you have achieved. There will also be a resource bank so you can take your learning to the next level.
Throughout the course there will be tasks for you to do, boxes for you to provide your thoughts thin, quizzes to help you consolidate information, real life examples of people who have made a difference in their school or college and some mini presentations.
Enjoy the course!