Southern Health NHS Youth Board
Southern Health NHS Foundation trust is looking for young people to join their Youth board over the next academic year!
What is the Youth Board?
- A way for young people (aged 12-21) in Hampshire & the New Forest to tell Southern Health NHS what is important to them and what improvements or changes they want to see.
- Share your thoughts and experiences on key issues with Southern Health decision-makers.
- Help design the content for 8 online Mental Health & Wellbeing Events that will be going out to schools & colleges in 2021.
- Help decide how Unloc & Southern Health should deliver 4 ‘Careers in the NHS’ Talks. What careers would you want to know more about?
- The Youth Board will meet 4 times a year. Initially via zoom with the hope that the final meeting will be in-person.
What do I get out of being a member of the Youth Board?
- Meet other committed Young People from across Hampshire & the New Forest to share your ideas and opinions.
- Opportunities to influence decision making within Southern Health.
- See actions as the outcome of your feedback, ideas and opinions.
- Gain insight into how Southern Health Foundation Trust operates and potential career paths with Southern Health.
- Get support to develop skills you want to improve such as assertive communication, effective feedback, teamwork, and confidence.
- Demonstrate your commitment and skills on your CV or UCAS.
*Subject to change. Finalised dates will be communicated via email.
Meeting 1 – Monday 9th November 4-6pm via Zoom
Meeting 2 – Monday 7th December 4-6pm via zoom
Meeting 3 – Monday 18th January 4-6pm via zoom
Meeting 4 – date tbc, location tbc
Please be aware that in order to take part in the Youth Board we will require your guardian/parent to complete a Consent Form agreeing to you taking part. Consent Forms will be sent out via email.
If you have questions about the Youth Board or would like to speak to the lead facilitator at Unloc please contact Larissa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org